Saturday, March 03, 2007

Home at last!

our last meal in africa...we didn't know what the "house special burger" was going to be.

He're I am, sitting in my living room, on a laptop with a fast internet connection. In fact, in the time it took me to write the second sentance that stupid picture of me loaded. Already it's apparent that we live in a very different world.
I'm not planning to write much right now, we're still strying to catch our breath a bit. But we just wanted to let you all know that we made it home safely. Everything went well, other than a 2.5 hr delay at Ohare, but I guess that's what you get the day after 500 flights are cancelled. Luckily we didn't fly home one day sooner.
We'll make sure we give some sort of reflection on here, so watch for that. It's sad that B&E's African Adeventures have come to an end...but we plan to have plenty of "real life" adventures on tap.
Talk to you all soon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! So glad to hear you made it safely...looking forward to seeing you soon!
Carole

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know quite what to do this morning since I usually check your blog first thing. To my surprise there was a posting. (I have your blog as my home page)
Glad we could welcome you home last night - even though we had a 3 hour wait in Buffalo. It is good to visit face to face and hear more stories.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your home safe. Even though we didn't write much, we followed you every day and we feel like we were on the trip with you. Such an amazing story and trip.

We are thankful you guys are home safe and sound and look fwd to hearing more from you.

Uncle Tom and Aunt Dorothy

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you're home. We're heading to Toronto to the bike show tomorrow. Wanna join us?

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brian and Erin!
I just wanted to say welcome home. It sounds like your trip was fantastic!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you both are home and I hope to hear more stories in the next few months...love aunt mary anne

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home