Thursday, March 01, 2007

Homeward Bound!

Wow....I think that's all I can say. It's so hard to believe that our trip is over. After today we'll be back in the Northern Hemisphere; away from everything Africa. Am I excited to come home? Yes. Is Brian excited to come home? Yes!!!!!

Although I'm excited, I have to admit, now that the realities of leaving are sinking in, I'm quite a bit disappointed. I think Africa has really become a part of us over the last 4 months. This trip has changed us. I'm just a bit scared that by leaving here we will be leaving those "changes" behind. Africa and North America are 2 really different worlds. I think it's going to be interesting in our next few weeks, bringing those worlds together. We've got a lot of processing to do.

Anyway, we're really excited to see you all when we come home!

Wow!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm counting the hours. If you can>update us where you are. See you on Friday. Love you both Mom

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss knowing what you guys are up to. It's been very interesting and exciting. Thank-you for taking the time to share your experiences with all of us. May God bring you home safely to us.
Arie and family

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the hours and time you have put into your blog....I will miss reading all about your adventures......now you will just have different ones...see you soon.....aunt mary anne

4:39 PM  
Blogger Kaley said...

Can't wait!!! Big hugs await!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you please still blog so that i can do my daily check and not have to read about "homeward bound" each time...thanks, that'd be great...

11:50 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Well, I'm not usually the commenting type (you probably didn't know I kept up with your blog), but I really wanted to say thanks. Your blog has been completely inspirational. I can't believe you guys took the time and money to do this. The only way to change our predispositions towards racism and prejudice is to live with people who are different than us. You did it. And you let the rest of us in on a little bit of what it was like. Thanks.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home